
Last Friday I was feeling a little homesick after my first week away from home. I thought that the best solution to such feeling was to attempt to cook some homemade rice, beans, and chicken (Dominican Republic’s most popular dish).
I headed to the supermarket and bought all the ingredients I needed. Soon I was back to my apartment and in the kitchen cutting a bell pepper for the beans. Next, I started to cut the onions—and a minute later—I accidentally cut the bottom side of my thumb.
I first thought that it was a small cut, but the amount of blood on the floor and all over the kitchen proved me wrong.
That night, with the help of my Resident Assistant (RA), I made it to the hospital. After six hours at the Emergency room, I returned home with four stitches. I feel much better now and ready to come back to the blogging world. As you may understand, typing was quite difficult with a fresh cut.
I am still trying to figure out what are the lessons behind this incident:
A.) Do not cook on a Friday night…it ruins your weekend
B.) Learn how to cut an onion
The important thing is that I am back, buying food at the cafeteria, looking forward to share interesting thoughts with all my readers, and most importanly, enjoying life minute by minute.
6 comments:
:S hope it heals fast!!
Oh my gosh. That's horrible! I'm sorry. I'm glad you're okay though. I don't think you should stay away from cooking forever. Lol. Accidents happen...
LOL!! I told you that cooking was a bad idea. You should've spent the thirteen dollars like I told you on the cafeteria food. It looks like your doing fine so this is great! I hope your bruise and stitches go away soon. Did you end up eating the food? Oh well, think of it like this...it's an experience which left you with some knowledge for the future. Now when your cooking you will be a little bit more careful.
check out my trendy blog!
http://thetrendydwarf.blogspot.com/
Trust me, now you won't make a mistake cutting an onion ever again! At least you aren't like, thumbless. Hope you're ok!
...To me, it's called "Scar of War"...and for knowledge: cooking is an art of focusing, so, when cutting: FOCUS!!!
Ja, kiddin, Happy days!!!
OMG! I HAD NO IDEA IT WAS THIS BAD! :(
Post a Comment