Where is home? I ask...and I continue my journey.
Today, I am thousands of miles away from home. From the American South I perceive the world. This is not the North anymore, but yet, it isn’t home.
Home is not a physical place, or an emotion, even a feeling—home is a state of mind.
A state of mind that makes us feel comfortable, secure, happy, yet again, attached, accepted, and understood.
I have changed this place I call home for a few seasons; at least that is what I think at this moment. However, the change has been tough, transitioning has not been easy.
This place down in the American South is simply not home; at least it is not yet.
Charlottesville will never be Boston or Santo Domingo. I wonder if it would ever be a home away from home.
What is home to you?
3 comments:
Very interesting post. I think it is true that home is in your mind, not necessarily where you spend most of your time. My home is definitely the Midwest right now. But like you said, the American South could be my home in the future.
Great post. I always agree with the saying "home is where the heart is." So true. And this is coming from a girl who has literally moved around the country 14 times!! :P
Hhhhmmmm, interesting...But the word that resumes it is: yet...give Charlottesville and yourself some time, it might surprise you...
Anyway, home will always be in you; what you recall as Home is just good memories and experiences collected during this journey called LIFE. ;)
Post a Comment