Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Locos and Life's Mysteries


The professor mentioned that questioning and changing established social norms and political infrastructures is the most important aspect of modern political thought.

Oh John Locke!—the locos and their revolutionizing theories.

And to think that during the medieval period—prior to the publication of political theorist John Locke’s treatises—there was no social mobility—equality had no social and political meaning. Peasants grew up and died as peasants, the same with religious and royal figures.

It is surprising how much we have progressed—humans and our ability to change and adequate to different periods—our constant journey to question the norm and discover the unknown.

Life is definitely a mystery and mysterious it shall remain. The everyday sun brings us new knowledge—the end of each season encourages us to question what our predecessors established.

As we question, we learn, and as we build new infrastructures, we discover—the wise mother mentioned it not too long ago.

Mi hijo (my son), she said, my dad was taught something, I was taught something else, you are now taught more advanced theories, and your children will be taught even more advanced things.

We are human beings on a quest to discover life’s mysteries; those things that we don't understand yet. I think, however, we must not ignore what our counterparts thought in the past, for what they knew was once a mystery, the support and base for our current discoveries.

Just thinking...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I just found some of my college papers that I wrote about Locke (I was a political science major!). Your blog is really interesting-- it really makes me THINK, so thank you! :)

P.S. Thanks for letting me know about my Twitter- I fixed it. And thanks for the NYC info too. :)

Mom Fashion World said...

I love your blog so much.
Every time I visit your blog, I learned new things and great ideas from you. Man, you're so intelligent! Keep it up!

P.S. I do have a twitter account but I've been passive for many months already. I feel I can't cope it up since I've a few social networking like my personal blog. For now, I'm happy blogging.

Anne. said...

Isn't it mind-boggling to think how advanced we are as a society while at the same time having such an expanse of unknowns? For example, we've progressed tremendously when it comes to science and medicine, yet we still haven't found a cure for the common cold despite its prevalence. It makes me a bit jealous for future generations — what they'll learn, what kinds of technology they'll have that we can't even fathom today (and flying cars!) Also, haha, I just have to mention that I actually stumbled upon your blog the other day via Brent's page. I look forward to reading more from you!

- Marianne.

P.S. How do you pronounce your name? Is it similar to Achilles, as in Achilles' heel? Take care!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Excellent post. You are a great writer. You are so eloquent with your thoughts. I bet professors LOVE you. ;)

PS. I met Jonny in college! I was the Arts & Entertainment editor for our university's newspaper and he was a columnist.

angel6033 said...

I absoluetely love that we are the way we are as humans, I love learning, I love expanding to every field I can. I am glad that others explore so that I can learn :)