Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Minutes in a Summer Afternoon

These images show the rich green colors and brown granite grounds of one of the public gardens at the University of Virginia. 




The camera captured a beautiful summer afternoon, while I experienced the light winds of a cloudy day, and the delightful sound of southern birds. 


While I read an article, I saw this beautiful creature. I am not sure what it is, but I think it might be a small squirrel. It definitely made my day...so tiny and innocent.


That afternoon, this public garden became my spot of study. I usually don’t work on homework in the same spot. I like to experience different settings every afternoon.









Each afternoon brings with it different natural settings, new stories, new places to discover, new people to meet…and of course, new sunsets to admire.

...that afternoon, I read and thought, as I enjoyed the last minutes of the day at this beautiful public garden. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

These photos are beautiful. Virginia is such a gorgeous state. Your campus must be breathtaking.

I think that animal is a chipmunk, by the way...but I could be wrong.

Suz said...

...I love the way you change subjects from one blog to the next...just like los carros publicos dominicanos: sin poner las luces ni sacar la mano!!!!!
But very refreshing indeed...thanks for sharing those lovely pics...enjoy the place...

atornato said...

Virginia is so green! I love it!! Yes, that animal is a chipmunk. Wow i would take a walk through the path there at least once everyday and just enjoy the greenery.