Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bottle of Champagne


I was recently inducted into the Washington Literary Society and Debate Union of the University of Virginia! It is a secret society, thus I cannot say much about what we do and how we get inducted. However, this is the bottle of champagne I received from my siblings at the induction party. The tradition is that all new members get a bottle on their induction night.


Unfortunately the night of the induction I was taking antibiotics and was told not to consume any alcohol by my doctor. But the rules of the society state that if one does not drink the bottle of champagne the same night one is inducted, one cannot consume it until the graduation party.


The problem is that this champagne is cheap and chances of tasting any good by my graduation are minimal.


For now, I will keep this bottle as a reminder. It has great comments that put a smile on my face. 

3 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Awww hehehe.
Well, first congrats on being inducted! That is really cool and sounds very intellectual and prestigious. I'm really impressed!
Um, and about the champagne. That really sucks you weren't able to drink it the first night. I can't believe you have to wait until graduation to drink it now. When do you graduate?! Yikes. Well, perhaps you could drink a lot of other stuff at your graduation party and THEN drink this champagne and the taste won't matter b/c you will be drunk already. Lol. Oh, that was probably not very good advice. I'd hate for you to get sick. Hmmm...I don't know what else to say. Maybe if you're lucky, they will all forget! :)

That bottle is super cool though. Something to treasure forever and show your kids one day. Lucky guy!

Kate said...

Have a great graduation party. If you have had enough to drink anything can taste good

Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

Mom Fashion World said...

congrats in advance and looking forward
seeing photos of you onstage wearing your toga.

that bottle is a good keepsake.