Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Painful All-nighter


This is the image of the morning sun, making its way out in the American South—blending the dark colors of the night sky with the bright orange morning.


I took these pictures as I walked home at 6:00am after a long night at the library. I was working on a history paper (not even my major) that I dragged along for weeks and was due later that morning.



I have no idea how I wrote a 10-page paper overnight. What are the chances that a paper I wrote the night before it was due, sleepy, tired, and rushed will at least receive a letter grade of C-? …almost none  


I did learn a lesson from this experience though: MANAGE YOUT TIME BETTER AQUILES


College is great when one can successfully manage time. However, it turns quite ugly when the day is not long enough to attend to five classes, do the readings, write the essays, work on the research, and attend to laboratories.


All-nighters are definitely painful. I managed to get two hours of sleep before I woke up to go to class. The paper was due at 11:00am in lecture.


That morning, somehow I still managed to admire the dawn.


So much for living life…or all-nighters—minute by minute. 

3 comments:

suz said...

Can't decide: inspirational or "lesson learned"!?!?!? jejej Surely both..Great you have the sensibility to learn a lesson and enjoy life gifts at the same painful time...
Congrats again, just loved it...

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Ahhh yes those painful all-nighters. I remember those. You'd be surprised. Sometimes those essays do turn out decent grades. ;)
I love those pictures of the sun rising. So beautiful...

veronica said...

wow aquiles!!! this is INSANE papi. does your library actually stay open all night? lol. well, i've never pulled an all nighter studying/writing papers. However, i have only gotten like 2 hours of sleep before and that sux! I know how u worship your papers tho, so kudos to u for being a good student. lol. and i love the sunrise pics